TSS is a default feature available in the product and provides a host of capabilities, such as Unlimited Remote Access, Unlimited Data Synchronization, Manage Sites/Users through Control Centre, Online help, support from within Tally or the browser, Support Centre to post your product related queries and get solution to the queries raised, Remote Edit and SMS Services.
The user in order to access Tally.ERP 9 remotely needs to perform the following steps:
● Create Tally.NET User Authorize Tally.NET
● Connect Company to Tally.NET Remote Login
The following are the steps in detail:
● Ensure that the Security Control is enabled in the Company Creation/Alteration screen.
1. Create Tally.NET User (Remote User)
● From Gateway of Tally or Company Info screen > press Ctrl + K Login As Remote Tally.NET User Window appears.
● Enter the account administrator E-Mail ID and Password to login to the Control Centre
● The Control Centre screen appears as below
● Select User Management
● Select the required Security Level from the Security Level displayed. Enter the E-Mail ID of the user to whom remote access is required Set the option Tally.Net user to Yes
● By default, the Status is set to Active
♦ Note : You can set the Status to In-active for the existing users.
♦ Only one active Tally.NET is allowed for Single User edition and a Maximum of ten active Tally.NET users are allowed for a
♦ Multi User edition
● Server and remote systems must have the same release of Tally ERP 9.
2. Authorize Tally.NET User
● Go to Gateway of Tally > press Alt+F3 > Security Control > Users and Passwords.
● The List of Users for Company screen appears: Enter the E-Mail ID of the user Set Yes to Allow Remote Acces s.
● By default, Allow Local TDL s is set to No . Based on the requirement, set this option to Yes to allow the remote user to access/use local TDLs, if any. Enter the Mobile Number of the remote user.
● Go to Gateway of Tally > press Alt+F3 > Security Control > Types of security > Select Tally.net User .
● Under Use Basic facilities of Select Tally.net User and accept.
3. Connect Company to Tally.NET Server
● Go to Gateway of Tally > Press F4 or click F4 :Connect
● On successful connection, a message Company connected successfully is displayed in the Calculator Pane as shown.
4. Remote Login
● Scenario 1: Educational mode
o Start Tally.ERP 9 at the remote location The Startup screen appears
o Select Login as Remote Tally.NET User
● Scenario 2 : Licensed mode
o The Company Info menu appears
o Select Login as Remote User
♦ Note : In case the company is pre-loaded during startup, click F1: Shut Company, select Login as Remote User from the Company Info menu
♦ The Login As Remote Tally.NET User screen appears:
♦ Enter your E-Mail ID in the Your E-Mail ID field.
♦ Enter the password in Your Tally.NET Password field
o Press Enter
o The Select Remote Company screen appears displaying the list of remote companies available for remote user
Note : The companies authorized for the Tally.NET user but not connected to Tally.NET are displayed under Offline Companies
o Select the required company from the List of Remote Companies
o Press Enter
o The selected company is available to the remote user for access or audit depending on the type of license
o The Gateway of Tally screen displays My Remote ID and My Remote Login Time under Remote User Details . The Remote Serial number is displayed under the license block of the information panel.
Note: In the remote company, the user will not be able to do export and import in xml format from one company to another. Hence Import of Data option under Utilities menu will be hidden.
● TSS is mandatory to access the data through Remote Access.