Pay Sheet is a matrix report which displays cascading records of category, groups, and employees a rows, and Pay Heads as columns. The default report contains details of all earnings and deduction for a given month or period with a number of options to re-configure the appearance of rows and columns.
If you reconfigure the format appropriately, the pay sheet report can serve as a Salary and Wage register. You can also filter the report data based on a given category or group of employees.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Payroll Reports > Statements of Payroll > Pay Sheet .
2. In the Employee Filters screen,
● In the Name of Category field select the required Employee Category from Employee Filter.
● In the Name of Employee Group select the required Employee Group from the List of Employees / Groups. The Pay Sheet appears.
towards the right to view other details.
in the Pay Sheet to access a configuration sub-form that you can use to
customize the display or printing content and the appearance of the Pay
2. In the Appearance of Pay Head Types field , Select an option to indicate if you want the report to include only Earnings, Deductions, or All Pay Heads
3. Set the Show ‘Net Amount’ Column option to Yes to include the Net Amount Column.
4. Set the Show Column SubTotals option to Yes to include the sub-totals of Earnings/Deductions columns.
5. Set the Show Pay Slip Names for Ledgers option to Yes to include the Name to Appear in Pay Slip, defined in Pay Heads, as the column headings. Setting this to No will display Pay Head name.
6. Set the Show Gross Salary Details option to Yes to display Pay Head-wise Gross Salary details. This displays all Pay Heads that have the Income Type set to Fixed in the Pay Head Master.
7. Set the Show Grand Total option to Yes to display Grand total at the bottom of the report.
8. Set the Show Attendance Details option to Yes to include details of the employee's attendance.
9. Set the Display Production Types in Tail Units option to:
● Yes to include the Production Data in Tail Unit for compound units used in Production Type.
● No to include the Main Unit for compound units used in Production Type.
10. Set the Show Employees By Categories & Groups option to Yes to include the rows of categories and groups. Setting this to No lists only employee information.
11. Set the Show Category/Group Total option to Yes to display totals for categories and groups.
12. Set the Show Category / Group in Columns option to Yes to display Category and Groups in Columns. You can set this option to Yes only when the option Show Employees By categories & Groups is disabled.
13. Set the Remove Zero Entries Employees option to Yes to remove employee records that have Zero Earnings/ Deductions.
14. Set the Format option to either Detailed or Condensed.
15. Set the Show Employee Number option to Yes to display the employee number along with the employee name.
16. Set the Show Employee Bank Details option to Yes to display the Bank Name and Account Number of the employees along with the employees' names.
17. Set the Show Income Tax Number (PAN) option to Yes to display the employee's IT PAN number.
18. Set the Show Aadhaar Number option to Yes to display employee's aadhaar number.
19. Set the Show Universal Account Number (UAN) option to Yes to display employee's PF universal account number.
20. Set the Show Employee PF Account Number option to Yes to display the employee's PF Account number.
21. Set the Show Employee ESI Number option to Yes to the display employee's ESI number.
22. Set the Show Employee PR Account Number option to Yes to display the employee's Permanent Retirement Account Number.
23. Set the Show Employee Designation option to Yes to display the employee's designation.
24. Set the Show Employee Function option to Yes to display the employee's job function specified under General Information.
25. Set the Show Date of Joining & Resignation option to Yes to display the employee's dates of Joining and leaving the organization.
26. Set the Expand all levels in Detailed format? option to Yes to expand all levels and display all relevant details of the employee. Set the same to No , to generate a summary report for a Category or Group.
27. Set the Appearance of Employee Names : Select the appropriate names from the Display Employee Name Style list.
28. Select the appropriate Sorting Method from the list.
● F1 : Detailed/Condensed : Use this toggle button ( F1 ) to quickly shift between the detailed and summary views.
● F2: Period : Use the Period (F2) button to change the time frame of the report. You can generate the report for a day, week, fortnight, month, quarter, half-year, or the entire year.
● Ctrl+F7: Employee Filters : Use the Employee Filters button or click F7 : Employee Filters , to quickly select employees/groups that you want to include in the pay sheet report.
● C : New Column : Use this button (Alt+C) to add a column to include any other Pay Head that is not included in the default Pay Slip format. The new column appears on the right-hand side of the report.
● A : Alter Column : Use this button (Alt+A) if you want to replace an existing column in the report with a new Pay Head column. Position the mouse cursor in the column that you want to replace.
● D : Delete Column : Use this button (Alt+D) if you want to delete an existing column in the report. Position the cursor on the column that you want to delete.
● P : Print : You can print the Pay Sheet by pressing Alt+P from the report display screen. While printing the Pay Sheet report, choose an option to increase the line height (for each employee line) to allocate space for the employee's signature or to affix a stamp, and use the printed report for manual salary disbursement..
● M : E-Mail : You can E-Mail the Pay Sheet by pressing Alt+M from the report display screen.
● E : Export : You can export the Pay Sheet by pressing Alt+E from the report display screen.