The Stock Query report provides complete information pertaining to a particular stock item. The details include Alias, Part No., Stock Group, Stock Category, available Closing Quantity & Balance, Cost Price, Std. Selling Price, Costing Method and Market Valuation Method, and so on.
On this page
The Stock Query report is broadly categorized into four sections:
● Purchases - displays the party name, actual and billed quantity, rate at which it was purchased, voucher date, discount, amount, and transaction of the last purchase.
● Sales - displays the party name, actual and billed quantity, rate at which it was sold, voucher date, discount, amount, and transaction of the last sale.
● Godown/Batch-wise Details - displays the name of each godown with corresponding batches and quantity details.
● Items of the same category - displays the list of items grouped under the same category.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statements of Inventory > Stock Query .
2. Select the item from List of Items . The Stock Query report appears.
3. Press F12: Configure from Stock Query report.
● Show Related Items of same Group - enable it to view all stock items under the same stock group.
● Show all Aliases of the item - enable it to view the alias for the item entered in the stock item master.
● Show using Alternate Units - enable it to view the alternate units information, if stock item is created with the alternate units.
● Show Tail Units of Compound Units - enable it to view the compound units information, if stock item is created with the compound units.
● Show Remarks of the Item - enable it to view the remarks entered in the stock item master.
● Show Description of the Item - enable it to view the description entered in the stock item master.
● Show Last Nos. of Transactions - enter the number of transactions to be displayed.
● Show All Godown / Batches (incl.zero balance) - enable it to view the details of godowns/batches that have zero balance for the selected stock item.
● Show Nett Rate - enable it to view the net rate of stock items, which include discount and additional costs, if any.
● Show Actual and Billed Quantity Details - enable it to view the breakup of actual and billed quantity. This option appears only when Use separate actual and billed quantity columns is enabled in F2: Inventory Features .
● Click F2: Period to change the period.
● Click F4: Item to select another item and view the report.
● Click F5: Show Stat Info. to view the GST details for the selected stock item.
For a company located in Kerala, if the option Kerala Flood Cess applicable is enabled in Company GST Details screen, the Rate of KFC (%) column will appear with the cess defined in the stock item master.
● Click F6: Show Re-Orders to view the re-order status of the selected stock item. You can view the closing stock, order details, re-order level defined, shortfall, minimum reorder quantity, and the number of items to be ordered.
● Click F7: Price List to view the price list created for the selected stock item.
Note: If the rate is not specified for any item in the price list, the standard rates specified in the item master will be picked.
Refer Price List for more information on Price level and Price list.
● Click Ctrl+F7: Top Buyers/Sellers to view the top buyers and sellers for an item, based on value or quantity.
o Click F12: Configure from Top Buyer's/Seller's .
o Show No. of Top Buyers/Sellers - enter the required number to view the top buyers/sellers.
o Show Branch / Divisions Transfer Entries also - enable it to view transactions made with Branch/Divisions.
● C : Contact: This option displays the contact details of the party selected in the invoice (this button will be activated only when you select the party ledger in the invoice and click S : Stock Query ).
The Vch No. column will appear only when you navigate from the voucher screen.
Select a purchase or sales transaction from Stock Query report and press Enter . The Voucher Display appears. Click F1 : Detailed to view the transaction details.
The purchase transaction appears as shown:
The sales transaction appears as shown:
You can click S : Stock Query from Sales, Purchase, Debit Note, Credit Note, POS invoice, Journal, Payment, Receipt, Sales Order, Purchase Order, Job Work Out Order, Job Work In Order, Rejection In, Rejection Out, Stock Journal, Delivery Note, Receipt Note, Material Out, Material In and Manufacturing Journal.
● If you click S : Stock Query before selecting the stock item, the Stock Query report will be displayed for the first stock item in the list of stock items. If you select the stock item and then click S : Stock Query , the report will appear for the selected stock item.
● When you click S : Stock Query from voucher, the Last purchase on and Last Sold on information appears irrespective of the party selected in the voucher.
● When you click S : Stock Query from:
o Receipt Note, Delivery Note, Rejections Out, and Rejections In vouchers, the report will display party-wise details .
o Stock Journal, Receipt, Payment, and Journal Voucher, the option Show Transactions of All Parties will not appear in the Configuration screen of Stock Query report.