You can record purchases of tax free goods by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase - Tax Free .
This nature of transaction is provided for Chandigarh, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Punjab and Rajasthan.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase - Tax Free .
5. Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen:
● Enter the purchase details as shown below:
Note: Options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
● Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Tax Free Purchases (VAT)' has been shared with