The printing configuration available in Tally.ERP 9 helps you customise your reports. You can enable or disable options in the General Printing Configuration screen, as required. The configurations set here are applicable to all reports and vouchers in Tally.ERP 9.
To view the general printing configuration screen
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > click F12: Configure > Printing > General . The General Printing Configuration screen appears as shown below:
2. Enable the option Print data and time of report? to print the data and time in the reports.
3. Enable the option Print data and time of voucher printing? to print the data and time in the vouchers.
4. Enable the option Print country, state and Pincode with address? , if required.
5. Disable the option Stop printing vertical lines and borders? to print vertical lines and borders in the reports and vouchers.
6. Enter the required margin space in the print report in the field Page margin on top (in inches) .
7. Enable the option Print using Greyscale on Black & White printers? , if required.
8. Enable the option Split long names into multiple lines? for better readability.
9. Enable the option Split long amounts/numbers into multiple lines? for better readability.
10. Enable the option Print party name and address from left margin in invoice? , if required.
11. Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration.
Your email with the article link has been sent.