The master experience has been enhanced such that you can configure statutory details and get started with the transactions within no time.
The enhancements in masters and the steps to configure masters is as explained below:
● If you have enabled within three statutory modules, then you can configure the statutory information in the ledger creation/ alteration screens.
● If you have enabled more than three statutory modules, then enable the option Set/ Alter Statutory Details . You can configure details for each statutory module in the Statutory Details screen.
● You can enter party's tax registration details, module-wise.
This will ensure a clutter free experience when creating/ altering masters.
To modify the ledger behaviour
1. Click F12: Configure from the ledger creation/ alteration screen.
2. Enable Allow creation of tax ledger under other groups .
3. Press Ctrl+A .
4. Enable Behave as Duties and Ledgers .
5. Select the Type of Duty/ Tax .
6. Select the required tax information, depending on the type of duty selected.
Similarly, you can create a party ledger under loans and liabilities.
The change in behaviour will reflect for tax calculation, but doesn't have an effect on the reports.
You can now appropriate the ledger to the cost of the item from the ledger master screen, instead of the group.
To appropriate a ledger
1. Select the required Duty/ Tax Type in the field Include in Assessable Calculation for .
2. Select the Method of Calculation .
You can configure tax based on MRP from the ledger master.
To enable MRP based tax calculation
1. Set the option Enable Tax based on MRP to Yes .
2. Enter the MRP rate in the VAT/ Excise details screen.
For any voucher type, you can now define default accounting entries . This will populate information for the specified ledger, every time a transaction is recorded using this voucher type.
To set default accounting entries
1. Set Enable Default Accounting Entries to Yes in the required voucher type creation/ alteration screen.
2. Enable the option Set/ Alter Default Accounting Entries .
3. Select the Ledger , required and define the percentage of allocation.
4. Press Ctrl+A .
For any voucher type, now you can define default accounting entries. This will populate the ledgers by default, every time a transaction is recorded using this voucher type.
Your email with the article link has been sent.