When you create groups with service tax details, the ledgers created under these groups will inherit the service tax details.
To create a group with service tax details
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Groups > Create .
2. Enter the Name of the group.
3. Select the Group from the List of Groups (purchase or sales account).
4. Enable Group behaves like a sub-ledger? , if required.
5. Enable Nett Debit/Credit Balances for Reporting , if required.
6. Enable Used for Calculation (eg. Taxes,Discounts) , if required.
7. Define Method to Allocate when used in Purchase Invoice? , as required.
8. Enable Set/alter service tax details? to set service tax details in the company level.
o Enter the Name of the category. On selecting a service category, the service tax details defined in that service category will be inherited.
o Enter rate for Service tax .
o Enter rate of Education cess , if required
o Enter rate of Secondary education cess , if required.
o Enter rate for Swachh Bharat cess .
o Enter rate for Krishi Kalyan cess .
The Service Category Alteration (Secondary) screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to save.
Note: Once the service tax details is defined in the group level, the company level service tax rate (if defined) will be over-ridden while recording a transaction.
● Press Alt+L on the Service Category Creation (Secondary) screen.
You can view all changes made to service tax details such as Applicable From , Category Name , Service Tax , Swachh Bharat cess , and Krishi Kalyan cess .
Recording service code and sub-clause number
'Create a Group with Service Tax Details' has been shared with