To get started, you have to enable the Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) module in Tally.ERP 9 and enter your company's registration details.
To enable TDS
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation .
2. Set Enable Tax Deducted at Source (TDS) to Yes in the Company Operations Alteration screen.
The Company Operations Alteration screen appears as shown below:
3. Enable the option Set/alter TDS details? to display TDS Deductor Details screen.
4. Enter the TAN registration number .
5. Enter the Tax Deduction Account Number (TAN) .
6. Select the Deductor Type .
7. Enter Deductor branch/division .
8. Enable the option Set/alter details of person responsible? . to display the Person Responsible Details screen.
o Enter the details as shown below:
o Press Enter .
9. Enter the Rate of TDS if PAN not available .
10. Enable the option Ignore IT Exemption Limit for TDS Deduction? , if required.
11. Enable the option Activate TDS for stock items? , if required.
The TDS Deductor Details screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter .
13. Press Ctrl+A to save the details.
'Enabling TDS' has been shared with