As per Rule 6 sub-rule (1A), all the taxable persons can pay service tax in advance. Service tax paid in advance is allowed to be self-adjusted towards service tax liable to be paid for the subsequent period.
For example , on 30-06-2016, D-Day Events paid advance service tax of ₹ 9,100, Swachh Bharat cess of ₹ 325 and Krishi Kalyan cess of ₹ 325 to the government towards event management services.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Click S : Stat Payment .
3. Select Service Tax as the Tax Type .
4. Enter the dates in the field Period from and To .
5. Select Advance in the Type of Payment .
6. Press Enter to save.
7. Select bank ledger in the field Account .
8. Select the current liability ledger for service tax advance under Particulars .
9. Enter the Amount as 9,100.
10. Press Enter to save.
11. Select the current liability ledger for Swachh Bharat cess advance under Particulars .
12. Enter the Amount as 325.
13. Select the current liability ledger for Krishi Kalyan cess advance under Particulars .
14. Enter the Amount as 325.
15. Enter the Bank Allocation details, as applicable.
16. Enter Narration , if required.
The payment invoice appears as shown below:
17. Press Enter to save.
'Advance Payment (Service Tax)' has been shared with