You can record sales of zero rated goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Sales - Zero Rated .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Chandigarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, and West Bengal.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter the Reference no. .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts with Nature of transaction set to Interstate Sales - Zero Rated , by selecting the required Party Entity/Org. Type .
Note: For Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Uttar Pradesh, the Party Entity/Org. Type is not required for filing returns, hence this option is not provided.
5. Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen
● Enter the relevant details and select the Form to receive as shown below:
Note: The options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
● Enter the other relevant details.
● Press Enter to save and return to the sales invoice.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Interstate Sales - Zero Rated (VAT)' has been shared with