You can record Professional Tax Payments in Payroll using a payment voucher.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment.
2. Press F2 to change the voucher date.
3. Press A : Payroll Auto Fill .
4. Select the Professional Tax Payment in Process for field.
5. Enter the From and To date in the Employee Filter screen.
6. Enter the Voucher Date.
7. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
8. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees / Group.
9. Select the appropriate Bank/Cash Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
10. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
11. Press Enter to go to Provide Details screen.
12. Select Yes in Provide Details and enter Challan Details .
13. Enter Narration if any.
14. Press Enter to save.
'Recording Professional Tax Payments (Payroll)' has been shared with