You can record purchases of any other goods by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase Others .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Goa, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, and Uttar Pradesh.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase Others .
5. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Other Purchases (VAT)' has been shared with