The File Validation Utility (FVU) files are required to verify if the e-TDS return files generated by the deductors conform to the prescribed format. These FUV files are available in the National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL) website .
Download the File Validation Utility for validation.
1. Open the file validation utility tool.
2. Enter the name (with the .txt extension) of the input file with the path in the field TDS / TCS Input File Name with Path .
3. Enter the challan input file downloaded from NSDL website in the field Challan Input File Name with Path .
♦ Downloaded Challan Input File contains the challan status inquiry for the verification of challan in TDS/TCS statement.
♦ Challan Input file Name is a 16-digit Tax Assessment Number (TAN) based alpha numeric number with the file extension .csi. Example : BLRP00777A131012.csi (first 10 digits is the TAN and next 6 digits indicate the date when the file was downloaded).
4. Enter the path in the field Error/Upload & Statistics Report File Path where the error or upload and statistics report files is to be saved.
5. Click Validate . An HTML file with the same name as that of the text file is generated in Tally.ERP 9 installation folder.
Note: If an error message is displayed due to incorrect entry, go to the .html file with name suffix err that is created in the Tally.ERP 9 folder to correct the error.
'Validate e-TDS Forms' has been shared with