You can record purchases by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase Transfer of Right to Use .
This nature of transaction is provided for Odisha and West Bengal.
To record an invoice for transfer of right to use on purchase
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase Transfer of Right to Use , and predefined with the applicable tax rate.
5. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate . In the VAT Details screen
o Enter the details as shown below:
Note: The above screen appears only when the State is selected as West Bengal in the Company VAT Details screen.
o Press Enter to accept and return to the purchase invoice.
6. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Purchase with Transfer of Right to Use (VAT)' has been shared with