You can create a ledger for accounting the services received, under Purchase Accounts group.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create .
2. Enter the ledger Name .
3. Select Purchase Accounts as the group name in the Under field.
4. Set Inventory values are affected? to No .
5. Set the Rounding Method .
6. Set the option Is service tax applicable? to Applicable .
7. Enable Set/alter service tax details? to view the Service Category Creations (Secondary) as shown below:
o Select the Service Category , if required. When the service category is selected, the related service tax details will be applied.
o Enter the Name of the category.
o Enter rate for Service tax .
o Enter rate of Education cess , if required
o Enter rate of Secondary education cess , if required.
o Enter rate for Swachh Bharat cess .
o Enter rate for Krishi Kalyan cess .
o Enter the Revised Rate Applicability date.
The completed Service Category Creation (Secondary) screen appears as shown below:
o Press Enter to save details.
Note: You can also view all changes in the service tax details as Applicable From , Category Name , Service Tax , Swachh Bharat cess , and Krishi Kalyan cess .
To view the service tax details
● Press Alt+L on the Service Category Creation (Secondary) screen.
The Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to accept.
Recording service code and sub-clause number
'Service Purchase Ledger (Service Tax)' has been shared with