You can create an accounting voucher for expenses made towards inventory, along with the applicable TDS.
Scenario: On 1-4-2015 Neeha Traders received bill for the supply of 1000 cartons from AK Enterprises. Cartons are printed with the company logo and other information as required on which TDS is applicable.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F9: Purchase .
Note: Ensure the purchase voucher is in item invoice mode.
2. Click F2: Date to change the date to 1-4-2015 .
3. Enter the Supplier Invoice No .
4. Enter AK Enterprises in Party's A/c Name field.
5. Enter the Purchase Ledger .
6. Select Cartons from the List of Items in the Name of Item field.
7. Enter 1000 in the Quantity field.
8. Enter 50 In the Rate field.
9. 50000 is automatically updated in the Amount field.
10. Select the TDS ledger, TDS amount is automatically filled in the Amount field.
11. Enter the required details in the Bill-wise Details screen. The completed purchase voucher screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save the voucher.
'Accounting for TDS on Expenses with Inventory' has been shared with