You can record exempt on-going works contract sales by selecting the nature of transaction Sales Exempt - Works Contract .
This nature of transaction is provided for Maharashtra and West Bengal.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter the Reference no. .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts with Nature of transaction set to Sales Exempt - Works Contract .
5. Select the stock item. Enter the Amount . The sales invoice appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Sales Exempt - Works Contract (VAT)' has been shared with