A self cheque is a cheque issued by a drawer to himself or herself. It can be presented for collection at the bank on which it was drawn.
In order to print a self cheque in Tally.ERP 9, cheque printing has to be configured . Then you have to pass a contra entry by entering Self as the Favouring Name in the Bank Allocation screen.
To print a self cheque
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F4: Contra .
2. Credit the bank account.
3. Enter the amount in the Credit column.
4. Press Enter to go to the Bank Allocations screen.
o Enter Self as the Favouring Name . The Bank Allocations screen appears as shown below:
o Press Ctrl+A to accept and return to the Accounting Voucher Creation screen .
5. Debit the cash account. The Accounting Voucher Creation screen appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to go to the Cheque Printing screen.
7. Press Enter to print the self cheque.
Your email with the article link has been sent.