While recording sales transaction for direct export of excisable goods, you can print ARE-1 along with rule 11 invoice.
Consider a company that exports 100 numbers of jute bags at $50 per bag.
To record direct exports sales transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the excise sales voucher type and press Enter .
3. Enter Supplier invoice no. , if required.
4. Select the required Tax Unit . The Excise Book Name and the Rule 11 Serial No are captured by default.
5. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name . Enter the required details in Party Details screen.
6. Select Export/LUT in Nature of Removal .
7. Select a sales ledger where Set/Alter excise details? is not enabled.
8. Select the required stock items whose excise rates are specified either at the stock group level, or at the stock item level.
9. In the Stock Item Allocations screen,
o Enter Quantity and Rate .
o Enter the Rate of Exchange in the Forex Rate of Exchange screen.
o Press Enter to save.
10. Enable Set/Alter ARE Details? . Enter the details as required in the form ARE Details sub-screen, as shown below:
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save.
The Rule 11 invoice will be generated in Indian rupees, while a separate commercial invoice can be generated in foreign currency.
● Set Print ARE-1 to No i n the Voucher Printing screen.
● Select the other required details.
The print preview appears as shown below:
Note : The ARE-1 number will be captured in Rule 11 invoice.
In the Voucher Printing screen,
1. Set Print ARE-1 to Yes .
2. Enable the other required options.
Note : (i) If the goods are dispatched under Self Sealing and Certification, then the same needs to be certified accordingly. Hence, enable the option Show Self-sealing and Certification .
(ii) In case the manufacturer would like to mark the ARE-1 with the details as Export under EPCG/Advance License scheme, then the option Is Clearance under Export Promotion Scheme has to be set to Yes .
Form A.R.E. 1 appears as shown below:
'Accounting for Direct Exports (Excise for Manufacturer)' has been shared with