You can enable VAT from Statutory & Taxation in F11: Features .
To create a company in Tally.ERP 9
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F3 : Cmp Info. > Create Company .
2. Press Backspace to modify the data path in the Directory field, if required.
3. Enter details pertaining to your company.
The Company Creation screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to accept.
To enable VAT
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > Statutory & Taxation .
2. Set the option Enable VAT? to Yes .
3. Enable Set/alter tax/rate details? .
4. Enter the Tax/rate details , as required.
Basic VAT details can be defined in the Tax/Rate details screen. Other information like schedule, and commodity details can be defined by configuring the required options.
To enter tax/rate details
1. Enter the Tax Rate .
2. Select the Tax Type .
3. Press Enter to save the details.
To configure Other Information
1. Press F12: Configure in the Tax/ Rate Details screen. The Configuration screen appears.
2. Enable the options:
● Set type of goods?
● Provide commodity details?
● Provide category details?
To define Other Info
1. Select the Category .
2. Select the Type of goods .
3. Enter Commodity name .
4. Enter Commodity code .
5. Press Enter .
5. Enter VAT number .
6. Enter PIN .
7. Select the Type of Device .
8. Enter the Device number .
9. Click F12: Configure to view the Configuration screen to enable the option to set multiple devices.
To define multiple devices
1. Set the option Set multiple device details? to Yes .
2. Select the type of device.
3. Enter the Device number .
The Device Details screen appears as shown below:
4. Press Enter to return to the Company Operations Alteration screen.
10. Press Enter to accept.
'Enabling VAT (Kenya)' has been shared with