You can record interstate purchases of exempt goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase Exempt .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Uttarakhand, and Uttar Pradesh.
To record an invoice for exempt interstate purchases
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Set the option Is Against C Form? to No in the Party Details screen. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase Exempt .
6. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Interstate Purchase Exempt (VAT)' has been shared with