Batch details are used to identify the movement of the inventory in batches or lots. Although this is a requirement primarily of the pharmaceutical industry, the same can be used by other industries who maintain or manufacture perishable goods. Many organizations also purchase in lots in order to monitor the lots purchased individually. Hence, Tally.ERP 9 has used the term Batch/Lot. Batches/Lots are also often used to monitor the date of manufacture , date of receipt or the expiry date .
On this page
You can activate batch-wise details in Tally.ERP 9.
1. Enable the options Maintain batch-wise details? and Set expiry dates for batches in F11: Inventory Features .
2. Enable the following options related to batches in the Stock Item Master to Yes .
o Maintain in Batches
o Track date of manufacture
o Use Expiry Dates
You need to enable the option Allow use of expired batches for all stock items? to record transactions which involve expired batches of stock items.
Setting this option to Yes will allow you to use expired batches when:
● You need to return expired goods to suppliers.
● You sell expired batches to customers.
Note: This option is set to Yes , by default. If you select an expired stock item without enabling this option, an error message is displayed.
To use expired batches in transactions
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales > F12: Configure > F12: Advanced .
2. Set the option Allow use of expired batches for all stock items? to Yes .
3. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
You can now use expired batches of stock items.
'Batches and Expiry Dates' has been shared with