To get started, you have to enable the excise module in Tally.ERP 9 and enter your company's excise registration details.
To enable excise
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11 Features > Statutory and Taxation .
2. In the Company Operations Alteration screen, set Enable Excise to Yes .
3. Enable the option Set/alter excise details .
4. In the Excise Registration screen, excise details like Unit name , Address , State , Pincode and, Telephone No. will be displayed as entered in the Company Creation screen. These details can be altered, if required.
Note : Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu is listed in State field in Release 6.6.3 and later versions
5. Select Manufacturer as the Registration type.
6. Select the Type of manufacturer , as required.
7. Enter ECC number ECC number is PAN based, and has 15 digits. The format of ECC no. is ABCDE1234HXM001 .
Note: For jewellery business, press F12: Configure .
1. Set the option Enable excise jewellery manufacturer? to Yes to display the option Is it a jewellery business? in the Excise Registration Details screen.
2. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
In the Excise Registration Details screen, set the option Is it a jewellery business? to Yes .
8. Enable the option Set/alter excise tariff details to Yes , to record tariff details.
If all the stock items that the manufacturing unit deals have the same tariff details, then tariff details can be recorded here.
In the Excise Details screen,
1. Enter Tariff Name .
2. Enter HSN Code .
3. Select the unit of measure from the List of reporting UoMs.
4. Ad Valorem is selected as the Type of Valuation . The cursor skips this field.
To modify the type of valuation
Click F12: Configure .
Enable the option Allow Modification of Valuation Type .
Press Ctrl+A to save the configuration.
Select the required Valuation type in the Excise Details screen.
5. Enter the Rate of duty.
6. Press Enter .
Note: If all stock items that the manufacturing unit deals with belong to the same tariff, then define the tariff at the company level. Else,tariff can be created at the group level, the stock item master level or accounting ledger level.
9. In the Company Operations Alteration screen, enter PAN/ Income Tax .
10. Enter the Corporate Identity Number.
11. Press Enter .
12. Press Enter to save the details.
You can configure more features, as required by your business.
'Getting Started with Excise (Excise for Manufacturer)' has been shared with