Excise classification is the excise tariff master in which details of tariff, duty, notifications, and so on can be provided.
To create an excise classification
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Excise Classification > Create .
2. Enter the Name of the excise tariff.
3. Enter the HSN code of the tariff.
4. Select the Reporting unit of measure from the list displayed.
5. The Valuation type is preset to Ad Valorem . This can be changed by selecting the required Valuation Type .
6. Enter the Rate of duty. The completed Excise Classification Creation screen appears as shown below:
7. Press Ctrl+A to save.
Note: You can define excise details based on the date of applicability , if required.
'Creating Excise Classification (Excise for Manufacturer)' has been shared with