Journals are adjustment entries, which do not involve Cash account and Bank account. However in exceptional cases where the user would like to account Journal entries involving Cash/Bank Account, Tally.ERP 9 has the flexibility of passing such entries by enabling the option under F12 configuration.
To enable Cash Accounts in Journal voucher
● Set Allow Cash Accounts in Journals to Yes in F12: Configure (Voucher Entry Configuration).
To pass a Journal voucher with Cash/Bank Ledger,
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Select F7: Journal.
2. Press the spacebar at the Debit or Credit field.
The Journal Voucher Screen with Cash/Bank Ledger selection will appear as shown:
Note: All Cash accounts and Bank accounts are displayed in the List of Ledger Accounts. Accordingly the journal entry has to be made.
Special Keys for Voucher Narration Field
● ALT+R : Recalls the Last narration saved for the first ledger in the voucher, irrespective of the voucher type.
● CTRL+R : Recalls the Last narration saved for a specific voucher type, irrespective of the ledger.
Your email with the article link has been sent.