You can record purchases of zero rated goods by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase - Zero Rated .
This nature of transaction is provided for Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Kerala, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Uttarakhand.
To record an invoice for zero rated purchases
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase - Zero Rated by selecting the required Party Entity/Org. Type .
5. Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen
o Select the Form to issue as shown below:
Note: The options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
o Enter the other relevant details.
o Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Zero Rated Purchases (VAT)' has been shared with