You can record purchases of zero rated goods by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase - Zero Rated .
This nature of transaction is provided for Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Kerala, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and Uttarakhand.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase - Zero Rated by selecting the required Party Entity/Org. Type .
5. Select the required stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen.
● Select the Form to issue as shown below:
Note: The options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
● Enter the other relevant details.
● Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Zero Rated Purchases (VAT)' has been shared with