Salary of employees that get revised periodically to a higher salary is known as Increment. When such increment is given retrospectively, it amounts to calculation and payment of arrears. Tally Payroll supports such revision both as prospective change and also as retrospective change.
On this page
Create or alter salary details
Process Payroll Voucher for Arrears calculation
Consider a scenario where ABC Company revises the salary of Employee A on 1-11-2013 with effect from 1-09-2013 .
To specify the revised salary details for Employee A, whose Basic Salary has increased by Rs. 15,000,
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Salary Define > Create> Select Employee A from the List of Groups/Employees.
2. Enter 1-9-2013 as the Effective From date.
3. Select Copy From Previous Value from the Start Type.
4. Make the necessary changes to the Pay heads in the Rate Column.
5. Accept to save the changes made.
Note: If a company decides to revise salaries with effect from 1-4-2013, the Pay Heads are required to be altered from the Salary Details screen for the period effective date 1-4-2013 thus overriding the previous effect.
Create a Payroll Voucher for Employee A for the period 1-10-2013 to 31-10-2013 .
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Vouchers.
2. Press Alt+A for Payroll Auto Fill or click A: Payroll Auto Fill .
3. Select the Salary in Process for field.
4. Enter the From and To date in the Employee Filter screen.
5. Select the appropriate Cost Category.
6. Select the Employee/Group (select Employee A alone) from the List of Employees/Group.
7. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts.
8. Enter the User Defined Pay Head Values e.g. Variable Pay and Salary Advance Deduction.
9. Accept to save the Payroll Voucher.
To process the Payment of Arrears salaries, follow the steps given in the Salary Payment section.
'Altering Salary Details and Calculating Arrears (Payroll)' has been shared with