Under VAT Act, different VAT rates are defined for taxable goods.
16% - Computers, Printers, Scanners, etc.
12% - Diesel oil, Electrical energy, etc.
To record transaction of local purchase for items attracting multiple VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchases .
2. Enter Supplier Invoice No. and Date .
3. Select the supplier ledger in Party's A/c Name option.
4. Select a common purchase ledger in which the option Is VAT Applicable? is set to Applicable
5. Enable Set/Alter VAT Details? without any configuration.
6. Select the required stock item(s) whose VAT rates are specified either at the stock group or stock item level.
7. Enter Quantity and Rate for each stock item.
8. Select the common VAT ledger.
Ledger must be grouped under Duties & Taxes in which the options:
● Type of duty/tax is set to VAT .
● Percentage of Calculation (eg 5)? is set to 0 .
9. Click A : Tax Analysis button to display the Tax Analysis screen.
10. Click F1 : Detailed button to view the name of stock item. The Tax Analysis screen in detailed mode appears as shown below:
11. Press Esc to return to purchase invoice
12. Press Enter . The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
13. Press Enter to save.
While using a common VAT ledger, the tax amount for each item is calculated based on the rate of the respective item as shown below:
The purchase invoice with multiple items attracting different tax rates and commom VAT ledger appears as shown below:
'Purchase of Taxable Purchases (Kenya)' has been shared with