You can account for labour charges as a separate purchase transaction by selecting the nature of transaction Labour Charges Paid .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Bihar, Delhi, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra and Punjab.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click I : Accounting Invoice to view in accounting invoice mode.
3. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
4. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Labour Charges Paid .
6. Press Enter to save.
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Labour Charges Paid (VAT)' has been shared with