Journal Vouchers are used to adjust the debit and credit amounts without involving the cash or bank accounts. Hence, they are referred to as adjustment entries.
● Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers.
● Click on F7: Journal on the Button Bar or press F7 .
For example, there may be entries made for interest accrued or interest due. If you have to receive Interest from a party, the same can be entered using Journal Voucher.
● Debit the Party.
● Credit the Interest Receivable Account.
The Journal entry is displayed as shown:
● ALT+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for the first ledger in the voucher, irrespective of the voucher type.
● CTRL+R: Recalls the Last narration saved for a specific voucher type, irrespective of the ledger.
Allowing Cash Accounts in Journals
'Recording a Journal Entry' has been shared with