To transfer stock between two units of a business registered as excise dealer, ensure atleast two godowns linked to two tax units have to be created in the data.
In case where a business is registered as excise Dealer and Manufacturer, two separate tax units have to be created.
● When goods are moved from dealer unit to manufacturing unit for further processing, a Material Out invoice has to be recorded by selecting the tax unit predefined with Dealer registration. The duty gets passed on. Duty ledger should not be selected here.
● On receipt of goods into the Manufacturing unit from dealer unit, a Material In invoice has to be recorded by selecting:
o The tax unit predefined with Manufacturer registration
o Excise duty ledger and entering the duty amount.
As the duty ledger is selected in the Material In invoice recorded for goods received into manufacturer unit, the message appears to prompt user to record journal voucher for availing CENVAT credit. On recording the journal voucher, the CENVAT credit gets accounted for in the books of manufacturer unit.
● Once the goods are manufactured, if they have to be moved into dealer unit, an excise purchase invoice has to be recorded by selecting:
o Tax unit predefined with Dealer registration.
o Basic Excise Duty ledger.
Since the purchase is made directly from the manufacturing unit, the dealer's stage gets considered as First Stage Dealer. Hence, this duty can be passed on to another registered dealer or manufacturer.
To record a material out voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > Press Ctrl+J . On enabling excise, the material out invoice will be considered for Excise .
2. Enter the reference number in Ref field.
3. Select the required Tax Unit .
Tax Unit option appears only when one or more user defined Tax Units are created by linking it to godown.
4. Select the branch ledger grouped under Branch/Divisions in Party’s A/c Name option.
5. Set the Destination Godown to Not Applicable .
6. Select the stock item to view the Supplier Details screen and provide the required details.
To link the purchase invoice
1. S elect the required purchase bills in Supplier Details screen.
2. Enter the quantity being transferred in Quantity Utilised column.
The Supplier Details screen appears as shown below:
7. Select the Godown , enter the Quantity and Rate to display the amount in the Stock Item Allocation screen.
8. Accept the Material Out invoice.
Click here for procedure to print Material Out invoice in Rule 11 invoice format.
To record a material in voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > Press Ctrl+W . On enabling excise for dealer feature, the Material In invoice will be considered for Excise .
2. Select the required Tax Unit .
3. Select the branch ledger grouped under Branch/Divisions in Party’s A/c Name option.
4. Select the Nature of Purchase i n the Party Details screen.
This option is provided to identify the supplier’s role in this transaction. When stock is transferred, the stage can be retained by selecting the required Nature of Purchase .
5. Set the option Source Godown to Not Applicable .
6. S elect the required stock item .
If the tariff details are not defined in the stock item master, it will be picked from:
● Stock group, if user-defined stock group in which tariff details are defined is linked to the item.
● Tariff details defined at the company level.
7. Select the Godown , enter the Quantity and Rate in the Stock Item Allocation screen.
8. Provide the required details in Excise Details screen.
The Excise Details screen appears when the Nature of Purchase is selected as:
● Agent of Importer
● Agent of Manufacturer
● First Stage Dealer
● From Agent of Dealer
● From Agent of Importer
● From Agent of Manufacturer
● Manufacturer Depot
● Purchase From Importer
● Second Stage Dealer
In Manufacturer/Importer Details section, the options are displayed to enter the invoice number, invoice date, billed quantity and assessable value.
In Duty Details section, based on the valuation type, the Rate of Duty and/or Rate per Unit appears as predefined in the stock item master. The Duty Amount appears automatically. To change rate of duty or rate per unit, click F12: Configure of Material In voucher and set the option Allow modification of Tax Details for Excise to Yes .
Note: The Duty Details can be modified only if the same is predefined either in the stock group linked to stock item or in the stock item master.
To provide additional details, click F12: Configure of Excise Details screen and enable the required options.
The options provided in F12: Configuration of Excise Details screen and its usage are given below:
● Allow RG 23D Entry Number : On enabling it, the option RG 23D Entry No. appears in Excise Details screen.
● Allow Supplier Invoice Details : On enabling it, the section Supplier Invoice Details appears in Excise Details screen with provision to enter the invoice number, invoice date and assessable value as specified in the invoice received from supplier.
● Allow Supplier PLA/RG 23 Numbering : On enabling it, the option Supplier RG 23D Entry No. appears in Excise Details screen.
● Allow manufacturer details : On enabling it, additional fields to enter name, address, excise registration number, importer exporter code, range, division and commissionerate of the manufacturer gets displayed in Excise Details screen.
● Allow Manufacturer/Importer PLA/RG 23 Number : On enabling it, the option PLA/RG 23 Entry No. field appears in Excise Details screen.
● Show Multiple Duty Details : On enabling this option, a section appears in Excise Details screen with columns to select duty heads, enter the rate of duty, rate per unit and duty amount.
● Show duty amount based on supplier's bill : On enabling this option, the column Supplier Duty Amount appears to enter the duty amount for the selected duty head.
Let us assume that all the options of F12: Configuration provided for Excise Details screen are enabled. Provide the purchase details as given below:
● RG 23D Entry No. : This represents the entry number of the transaction in the relevant page of RG 23D Register. Based on the numbering format defined at the company level or Tax Unit , the number appears here.
Supplier Invoice Details
● Supplier Invoice No. : The Material In invoice number appears here. It can be changed if required.
● Supplier Invoice Date : The Material In invoice date appears here. It can be changed if required.
● Supplier RG 23D Entry No. : Enter the RG 23D entry number specified in the supplier's invoice.
● Assessable Value : The assessable value of stock items selected in the Material In invoice appears here.
● Invoice No. : Enter the invoice number specified in the manufacturer's/importer's invoice.
● Invoice Date : Enter the invoice date specified in the manufacturer's/importer's invoice.
● PLA/RG 23 Entry No. : Enter the PLA/RG 23 entry number specified in the manufacturer's/importer's invoice.
● Billed Quantity : The quantity entered in the Material In invoice appears here. It can be changed if required.
● Assessable Value : The assessable value of stock items selected in the Material In invoice appears here. It can be changed if required.
● Name , Address , Excise Regn. No. , Importer Exporter Code , Range, Division and Commissionerate : Enter appropriate details in the relevant fields.
● The Type of Duty appears as Basic Excise Duty . Additional duty heads can be selected here if required.
Note: Click here for procedure on creating Excise Duty Classification .
● The Rate of Duty and Rate per Unit appear as predefined for the stock item selected in the invoice.
● Based on the Rate of Duty or Rate per Unit , the Supplier Invoice Duty Amount and Duty Amount are calculated and displayed for the duty classification.
The Excise Details screen appears as shown below:
9. Accept the Material In invoice.
Note: If the Tax Unit selected in Material In invoice is predefined with Manufacturer registration type,
(i) Select the Basic Excise Duty ledger and enter the amount.
(ii) Click Yes when the message Avail Cenvat Credit appears.
(iii) Accept the journal voucher created with the transaction for availing the Cenvat credit.