You can record interstate sales against Form C by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Sales - Against Form C .
This nature of transaction is provided for Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, and West Bengal.
To record an invoice for interstate sales at 2% against Form C
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Enter Reference no.
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Set the option Is Against C Form? to Yes in the Party Details screen. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
5. Select the sales ledger grouped under Sales Accounts with Nature of transaction set to Interstate Sales - Against Form C .
6. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
Note: If the option Is Against C Form? is set to Yes in the Party Details screen, the tax gets calculated at 2% CST rate. This is irrespective of the tax rates defined in the inventory or accounting masters.
7. Select the CST ledger Duties & Taxes with the option Type of duty/tax set to CST .
8. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen,
o Select the form as shown below:
o Enter the relevant details.
o Press Enter to save.
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Interstate Sales - Against Form C (VAT)' has been shared with