Orders can be pre-closed when goods are delivered or received. This can be recorded in a delivery note or receipt note.
ABC Company received an order on 4-9-2009 for 11 nos of Colour Monitor 17" at Rs. 17,500 each . On 5-9-2009, the Company received information to cancel 1 Colour Monitor 17" and delivery the rest.
Sales Order Voucher
Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F5 : Sales Order to create a sales order for the transaction.
Delivery Note Voucher
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers > F8 : Dely Note .
2. Click F12: Configure .
3. Set the option Use Pre-Closure order details to Yes .
4. Select Party A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
5. Select Order No(s) from the List of Orders , if a sales order exists for the customer.
The Party Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the stock item. The Stock Item Allocations screen appears.
7. Select the Tracking Number . The stock item, quantity and rate will appear automatically as the sales order number is selected.
8. Select the Godown .
9. Enter the Quantity delivered and the Pre-Close Quantity .
10. Press Enter .
11. Enter the Reason for Pre-Close .
The Stock Item Allocations screen appears as shown below:
12. Press Enter .
13. Enter Narration , if required.
The Inventory Voucher Creation screen appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save the transaction.
The above order is cleared since the quantity is delivered as per specification and one item is also cancelled using pre-close feature.
Note: The partial quantity of total order placed can be pre-closed by entering the pre-close quantity in Item Allocation screen of Receipt Note in alteration mode. The pre-closed quantity and reason entered in Item Allocation will be captured in Order Details screen.
'Pre-close Orders in Delivery/Receipt Note' has been shared with