You can record interstate purchase of works contract by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase - Works Contract .
This nature of transaction is provided for Punjab.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Set the option Is Against C Form? to No in the Party Details screen. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase - Works Contract .
6. Select the stock item, and enter the amount.
7. Enter the required details in Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen. The Deduction Claimed for Tax Calculation screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
9. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
● Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
● Pres Esc to return to the purchase invoice.
10. Set the option Provide VAT details? to Yes , and enter the Statutory Details , as shown below:
11. Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice as shown below:
12. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Interstate Purchase of Works Contract (VAT)' has been shared with