In Tally.ERP 9, in order to process ESI payments, you have to configure the payment voucher with the appropriate Payroll Ledger (for example, ESI Payable) and set other parameters, as required. For ESI contributions, you can record a single payment voucher.
On this page
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Vouchers > Ctrl + F4: Payroll .
2. Press F2 to change the Voucher Date .
3. Click A : Payroll Auto Fill .
4. Select the required process in Process for field.
5. Enter the From and To date.
6. Select the appropriate Employee Category.
7. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group .
8. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
9. Press Enter to go to Payroll Voucher Creation screen.
10. Press Enter to save.
Note: ESI monthly wage threshold is increased from Rs. 15,000/- to Rs. 21,000/- effective from 1st Jan 2017.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Press F2 to Change the Voucher Date .
3. Press A : Payroll Auto Fill .
4. Select the ESI Challan in Process for field
5. Enter the From and To dates
6. Enter the Voucher Date .
7. Select the appropriate Employee Category .
8. Select the Employee/Group from the List of Employees/Group .
9. Select the appropriate Bank/Cash Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
10. Select the appropriate Payroll Ledger from the List of Ledger Accounts .
11. Press Enter to show the Employee’s ESI Contribution, and select End of List .
12. Select Yes in Provide Details field, if you wish to print the Payment Details in ESI Challan .
13. In the Payment Details screen enter the C heque/DD No. , Cheque/DD Date , Challan Date , Bank & Branch Code .
14. Press Enter , and fill Narration , if any.
15. Press Enter to save.
1. Press No in the Accounting Voucher Creation screen, and press Alt+P .
2. In the Voucher Printing screen, select Yes in the Print Challan field.
3. Press Yes to print the ESI Challan .
The ESI Challan displays the employees’ ESI share, and employer’s contribution for the selected month along with the other details.
Note: The Number of Employees is printed based on the employee count for whom the ESI Number is entered in the employee master.
'Record Employer's ESI Contribution and ESI Payments (Payroll)' has been shared with