You can create an accounting voucher for expenses made towards fixed assets, along with the applicable TDS.
Scenario: Neeha Traders purchased a machinery for Rs 5,00,000. To use this machine they require platform, civil structure, pipelines connections, electrical connections, fabrication works, etc., at the cost of Rs. 1,00,000. On these expenses tax to be deducted at source.
To book all the labour charges transactions related to this machine Neeha Traders has created a ledger - Capital Work in Progress (Machine) grouped under Fixed Assets. After completing all the required work and calibration, this expense will be capitalized (added to the purchase cost).
On 1-4-2015 Neeha Traders received a bill for Rs. 60000 from AK Enterprises towards electrical and fabrication works.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F7: Journal.
2. Click F2: Date to change the date to 1-4-2015 .
3. Debit Capital Work in Progress (Machine) fixed asset ledger, by 60000 .
4. Credit AK Enterprises , amount is automatically filled.
5. Enter the required details in the Bill-wise Details screen.
6. Credit TDS - Contract ledger, amount is automatically filled.
7. Enter Narration , if required. The journal voucher appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save the voucher.
'Accounting for TDS on Fixed Asset' has been shared with