You can record a payment transaction with inclusion of the necessary TDS to be paid to the government.
Scenario 1: On 05-05-2015, ABC Company paid TDS deducted in the month of April 2015 to the government directly.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Click S : Stat Payment .
3. Select TDS as the Tax Type .
4. Enter the Period From and To dates.
5. Enter the Deducted Till Date .
6. Select the Section from the List of Section .
7. Select the required Nature of Payment .
8. Select the Deductee Status .
9. Select the Residential Status .
10. Select either bank or cash ledger in the Cash/Bank field. The payment voucher will be automatically filled with the relevant values. The Statutory Payment Details screen appears as shown below:
11. Press Enter .
12. Enter the Bank Allocation details as required .
13. Enter Narration , if required. The Payment invoice appears as shown below:
14. Press Enter to save the invoice.
Scenario 2: On 05-05-2015, XYZ Company paid the TDS deducted to the government on behalf of ABC Company.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Voucher > F7: Journal .
2. Click F2: Date to change the date to 05-05-2015 .
3. Debit TDS tax ledger.
4. Credit XYZ Company. The Journal invoice appears as shown below:
5. Press Enter to save.
'Payment Transaction (TDS)' has been shared with