You can record interstate purchases of exempt goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase Exempt - E1 .
This nature of transaction is provided for Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Chandigarh, Chhattisgarh, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Daman & Diu, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Madhya Pradesh, Odisha, Puducherry, Punjab, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh and West Bengal.
To record an invoice for exempt interstate purchases against Form E1
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Set the option Is Against C Form? to No in the Party Details screen. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase Exempt - E1 .
6. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate .
7. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes . In the Statutory Details screen
● Select the forms as shown below:
Note: The options in the above screen appear based on the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
● Enter the relevant details.
● Press Enter to save and return to the purchase invoice.
The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
8. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Interstate Purchase Exempt Against Form E1 (VAT)' has been shared with