If you have paid excess of Swachh Bharat Cess and Krishi Kalyan Cess you can adjust these amounts using a journal voucher.
To create journal voucher for adjusting the excess amount of Swachh Bharat Cess and Krishi Kalyan cess paid
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F7: Journal .
2. Click J : Stat Adjustment to enable required options in Stat Payment Details screen. In the Stat Adjustment Details screen,
o Click F12: Configure and set the option Allow All Adjustment Types to Yes .
o Select the option Service Tax in the field Type of duty/tax .
o Select the option Excess Service Tax Paid earlier Rule 6(4A) Adjustment in the Nature of adjustment field.
o Press Enter to save, and return to voucher screen.
3. Debit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and Krishi Kalyan cess ledgers).
4. Enter the amount in Debit column.
5. Credit the tax ledger (service tax, Swachh Bharat cess and Krishi Kalyan cess ledgers).
6. Enter the amount in Credit column.
7. Set the option Source Document Details to Yes .
8. Enter the source document number and date in the Source Document Details screen.
9. Press Enter to save.
10. Press Ctrl+A to accept.
'Recording Adjustment Towards Excess Tax Paid' has been shared with