You can record interstate purchases of tax free goods by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Purchase Transfer of Right to Use .
This nature of transaction is provided for Odisha.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Set the option Is Against C Form? to No in the Party Details screen. This option appears only when the State selected is other than the State selected in the Company VAT Details screen.
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Interstate Purchase Transfer of Right to Use .
6. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate . The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Interstate Purchase with Transfer of Right to Use (VAT)' has been shared with