Bank ledgers contain relevant information about a bank that you use to make or receive payments. You can provide information such as Bank name, Account no., IFS code, and address while creating bank ledgers.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounts Info. > Ledgers > Create.
2. Enter the Name of the bank for the bank ledger.
3. Select Bank Account from the List of Groups , in the Under field.
Three types of bank accounts are supported in Tally.ERP 9, Saving Account (Bank Account), Over Draft account ( Bank OD), Cash Credit account (Bank OCC).
Note: The Books Beginning date is pre-filled in Effective Date for Reconciliation field.
4. Provide the following details in Bank Accounts details :
o A/C holder's name - It prefills the company name; however, you can alter this name by pressing Backspace .
o A/c no. - Provide the account number of your bank.
o IFS code - Provide the IFS code for your bank.
Note: If the IFS code in incorrect, the system prompts the warning message "Invalid IFS Code. The IFS Code must contain 4 alphabets, followed by 0 and 6 numbers/alphabets. For example, KKBK0000434."
o Bank name - Select the bank name from the List of Banks .
The Ledger Creation screen appears as shown below:
Note : The List of Banks is displayed only when TSS and internet connectivity is available . Additionally, the Bank Configuration displays options that are applicable for the bank you select.
5. Under Bank Configuration:
o Enable Set cheque books. Enter the details of the cheque range in the Cheque Book Management screen as shown below:
Note: You can set cheque ranges from the Cheque Register report as well.
o Enable Set cheque printing configuration? to Yes. Refer to the topic Setting Up Cheque Printing Configuration in Bank Ledger for more details.
Note : In case the cheque printing feature is not enabled in F11: Accounting Features the error message - Enable Cheque Printing from F11 Accounting Features will be displayed while setting the option - Set/Alter Cheque Printing Configuration to Yes in the bank ledger master.
One bank ledger may have multiple cheque books. If you enter a cheque number that already exists in another cheque range, the error message The entered cheque range is overlapping with the existing cheque range is displayed , as shown below:
● Enter the correct cheque numbers and press Enter to navigate to the Ledger Creation screen.
● Set Enable auto reconciliation to Yes to reconcile the bank accounts by importing the bank statements.
● Enabling Set/alter auto BRS configuration opens the Location of Bank Statements screen. Specify the path for Location and Location of imported bank statements as shown below:
● Enable e-Payments: This option is applicable only for banks supported for electronic modes of payment. The following banks are supported for e-payments capability:
o DBS Bank - India
o Standard Chartered Bank - India
o Standard Chartered Bank - UAE
o YES BANK - India
o ICICI Bank - India
o Kotak Mahindra Bank
o HDFC Bank
o Bank of Baroda
Upon selecting one of the banks from the above list, the e-payments capability is enabled by default.
6. Enter the Name , Address , State and Pincode i n the Mailing Details section.
7. Press Enter or Y to accept and save the bank ledger.
'Bank Ledgers' has been shared with