You can record purchases from composition dealers by selecting the nature of transaction Purchase from Composition Dealer .
This nature of transaction is provided for Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Delhi, Goa, Haryana, Jharkhand, Jammu & Kashmir, Karnataka, Kerala, Ladakh, Maharashtra, Puducherry, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu, Telangana, and West Bengal.
To record an invoice for purchase from composition dealer
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
3. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
4. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts with the Nature of transaction set to Purchase From Composition Dealer .
5. Select the stock item. Enter the Quantity and Rate . The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
6. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Purchase From Composition Dealer (VAT)' has been shared with