You can record purchase returns against an earlier purchase transaction using a debit note.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > Ctrl+F9 .
2. Enter the Original invoice no. and Original Invoice Dt. of the original purchase against which you are returning the goods.
3. In Party A/c name , select the party from whom the purchase was made.
4. Select the purchase ledger.
5. Select the stock item which is being returned. Enter the quantity and rate.
6. Select the tax ledgers.
7. Press Enter to save.
'Record Purchase Returns - GST Composition' has been shared with