A payroll Unit is similar to a Unit of Measure used in the Inventory module. Tally.ERP 9 uses payroll units to calculate pay components for a given period. You can create Simple and Compound payroll units depends, measured on attendance/production types such as Time , Work , or Quantity .
To create a Simple Payroll Unit
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Units (Work).
2. Select Type as Simple.
3. Enter the Symbol for the Unit.
4. Enter the Formal Name.
5. Provide the Number of Decimal Places , as applicable.
6. Press Enter to save.
Similarly, you can create the other payroll units such as Minutes , Hours , and Pieces .
In a Compound payroll unit you can combine two payroll units. For example, a box of 10 Nos, a dozen of 12 Pcs, and an hour of 60 mins.
To create a compound payroll unit
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Payroll Info. > Units (Work) .
2. Select Compound in the field Type , and press Enter. In t he Conversion field you can create the compound payroll unit.
3. Select the First Unit from the Units list. In this example, Hrs is the First Unit .
4. Specify the conversion factor in the Conversion field. In this example, the conversion factor is 60.
5. Specify the Second Unit from the Units list. In this example, Mins is the Second Unit .
6. Press Enter to save the c ompound payroll unit creation screen.
Note: By default, Tally.ERP 9 contains four preset Calculation Periods – Days , Fortnights , Months and Weeks . However, you can add new payroll units based on your business needs.
'Creating Payroll Unit' has been shared with