Record sales works contract details in vouchers with Interstate Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature .
This nature of transaction is provided for Assam, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, and Tamil Nadu.
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F8: Sales .
2. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
3. Select the sales ledger with Interstate Sales - Works Contract as the Classification / Nature .
Note: For a common ledger, click F12: Configure in the invoice and set the option Allow Modification of Tax Details for VAT? to Yes . Select Sales - Works Contract in the VAT Classification Details screen displayed on selecting the common sales ledger.
4. Select the stock item, and enter the Quantity and Rate .
5. Enter the percentage or amount of deduction. The Works Contract Details screen appears as shown below:
6. Select the VAT ledger.
Note: Based on the state-specific tax structure, select cess/surcharge/additional tax ledger after VAT ledger.
7. Click A : Tax Analysis to display the Tax Analysis screen.
● Click F1 : Detailed to view in detailed mode. The Tax Analysis screen appears as shown below:
● Press Esc to return to the sales invoice.
8. Set the option Provide VAT details? to Yes , and enter the Statutory Details , as shown below:
The sales invoice appears as shown below:
9. Press Enter to save.
'Interstate Sales - Works Contract (VAT)' has been shared with