You can account for labour charges paid as a separate interstate purchase transaction by selecting the nature of transaction Interstate Labour Charges Paid .
This nature of transaction is provided for Karnataka.
To record an invoice for labour charges incurred during interstate purchases
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F9: Purchase .
2. Click I : Accounting Invoice to view in accounting invoice mode.
3. Enter the Supplier invoice no. and Date .
4. Select the party ledger in the field Party's A/c Name .
5. Select the purchase ledger grouped under Purchase Accounts , with Nature of transaction set to Interstate Labour Charges Paid .
6. Set the option Provide VAT Details? to Yes , enter the purchase details in Statutory Details screen, and press Ctrl+A to accept. The purchase invoice appears as shown below:
7. Press Enter to save.
The value of this transaction gets captured in the relevant fields of state-specific VAT/CST forms and annexures.
'Labour Charges Paid on Interstate Purchases (VAT)' has been shared with