A Receipt Note voucher is used to record receipt of goods/items at stores. For example , the Company receives new stock item from a Supplier. If a Purchase Order exists for that supply, selecting the PO reference in the Receipt Note will display its particulars.
The details recorded in the Receipt Note are the PO reference, Ledger account, Supplier's name and address, Name of stock item, Stock location, quantity, rate, amount and the transaction narration.
Purchase includes Accounting and Inventory.
The Receipt Note is similar to the Goods Receipt Note (GRN) type of entry. When the Receipt Note is passed it updates the inventory levels.
In Tally when a Receipt Note is tagged to a Purchase entry the whole transaction is completed.
● If Receipt Note is accounted but the Purchase entry is not, it is treated as Goods Received but Bills are not received.
● If the Purchase entry is accounted and the Receipt Note is not, it is treated as Bills Received but Goods are not received.
● One Purchase entry can be tagged to many Receipt Notes. Similarly, one Receipt Note can be tagged to many Purchase bills. It is not necessary for all Receipt Notes to be tagged with Purchase entries and vice versa.
● When the stock received is a part of purchase and we wish to keep track of the purchase bill for accounting, a Tracking No. is assigned while accounting the Receipt Note. The Tracking No. is selected while accounting the Purchase bill/invoice. Similarly, we can assign a Tracking No in the Purchase voucher and select it while accounting the Receipt Note.
● A Receipt Note or Purchase Entry can be prepared first. It is not compulsory that a Receipt Note should be prepared before accounting the Purchase Entry or the Purchase entry should be accounted before preparing a Receipt Note.
To configure the receipt note
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > F11: Features > F2: Inventory .
2. Set Use tracking numbers (enables delivery and receipt notes) to Yes .
3. P ress Ctrl+A to accept.
4. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Vouchers
5. Click F9 : Rcpt Note . The receipt note appears.
6. Click F12: Configure . The Voucher Configuration screen appears as shown:
7. Set Accept Supplementary details to Yes .
8. P ress Ctrl+A to accept and return to the voucher screen.
Note: For more details refer Receipt Note Printing Configuration .
To enter the Receipt Note voucher
1. Select Party A/c Name from the List of Ledger Accounts .
2. Select Order No(s) from the List of Orders , if a purchase order exists for that supplier.
The Party Details screen appears as shown:
3. Enter the required information in the Party Details screen.
4. Select the Order No(s) . If the Order No(s) is selected, the item name,quantity, rate and amount will be displayed automatically.
Note: For more details on F12: Configure refer Invoice/Order Entry Configuration .
5. Press Enter . T he Stock Item Allocations screen appears as shown:
6. Select existing Tracking No. or create a new tracking number.
Note: A Receipt Note with Tracking No. marked as Not Applicable will be an inventory document, affecting only the inventory values. This will not affect the accounts.
A purchase voucher with Tracking No. marked as Not Applicable will update the accounts without increasing the stock. The Purchase Bills Pending list is generated as Bills recd. but Goods not recd.
The Receipt Note appear as shown below:
7. Enter Narration , if required.
8. Press Enter to save.
'Receipt Note Voucher (GRN)' has been shared with