This tool can be used to set VAT rates from the VAT Rate Setup screen.
On this page
To set VAT rates
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Inventory Info. > Tax Rate Setup > VAT .
Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > VAT > Tax Rate Setup .
The VAT Rate Setup screen appears as shown below:
2. Click F8: Commodity Name to view stock items commodity-wise, if required.
To view the VAT Rate Setup screen commodity-wise
● Select a commodity name to view stock items tagged to it.
3. Select stock groups or stock items, and press Enter .
4. Click S : Set Rate to view the Set VAT Details screen.
5. Click F12: Configure to enter details of nature of goods and commodity details, if required.
To enter type of goods and commodity details
1. Press F12: Configure in the Set VAT Details screen.
2. Enable the following options as required.
● Set type of goods?
● Provide commodity details?
3. Press Enter .
6. Click L : Details to view all VAT rates used for the stock item. Different VAT rates with their Applicable From date can also be specified.
To specify different dates from which various VAT rates would be applicable
1. Press L : Details .
2. Enter the Applicable From date.
3. Enter Commodity Name .
4. Enter Commodity Code .
5. Select Type of Goods .
6. Select Category , if required.
7. Enter Tax Rate .
Enter 0% Tax Rate to select an exemption type.
8. Press Ctrl+A to save the screen .
Note: VAT details are displayed automatically in the Set VAT Details screen if information is specified by clicking L : Details .
7. Enter Tax rate . The Set VAT Details screen appears as shown below:
8. Press Ctrl+A to save the screen . The VAT Rate Setup screen with all rate details set for a stock item, appears as shown below:
To change the period of VAT Rate Setup
1. Press F2: Period in the VAT Rate Setup screen.
2. Specify the date range to view VAT rates of stock items.
Note : The VAT Rate Setup screen displays information from the current date, till the first day of the previous month. Specify a date range that covers all VAT rate changes over a period of time.
To change the stock group of a stock item
1. Press T : Alter Group in the VAT Rate Setup screen. The Alter Stock Group for Selected Item(s) screen appears as shown below:
2. Select a stock group to move the stock item.
Note: Select a stock group in the VAT Rate Setup screen. P ress Alt+C to create a new sub-group under any of the existing groups. Stock items can be moved to the new sub-group. This makes it easy to group stock items with the same VAT rates. Any rate changes can be applied to the whole sub-group without having to change them manually for each stock item.
'VAT Rate Setup (Kenya)' has been shared with