In a few scenarios, GST is not calculated automatically. You can do the following to automate the calculation.
On this page
The HSN will appear from the master in which the tax rates are defined.
Based on the HSN code displayed in the Tax Analysis screen of the invoice, you can identify the master from which it is captured.
o If HSN and tax rates are defined in the stock item, different HSNs appear for each item, as shown below:
o If HSN and tax rates are defined in the sales or purchase ledger, the same HSN appears for each item, as shown below:
Case 1: Inappropriate tax ledgers selected in invoice
● Open the invoice and ensure that the right tax ledgers are selected.
o Interstate party or natures of transaction - select integrated tax ledger.
o Intrastate party or natures of transaction - select central tax and state tax ledgers.
● Open the invoice and press A : Tax Analysis for the breakup of tax values. The tax values will appear based on the intrastate or interstate transaction.
● Select the relevant GST ledger in the invoice as per the tax type shown in the Tax Analysis screen.
Case 2: Nature of transaction overridden in invoice
● Open the invoice and check the Nature of transaction in the GST Details .
● If you have changed the Nature of transaction , ensure that the relevant GST ledgers are selected.
For example: If you changed the nature of transaction from intrastate to interstate , select integrated tax ledger.
Case 1: HSN code defined in ledgers and tax rate in stock master
● To use the details defined in the ledger - define the HSN code and tax rates in the sales or purchase ledger.
● To use different HSN codes and tax rates for items - remove the HSN details from the ledgers, and configure in stock item or stock group.
Case 2: Different HSN code and tax rate defined in ledgers and stock master
● Specify the HSN code and tax rate either in the ledgers or in the stock master.
● Provide the same HSN code and tax rate with the same applicability dates in ledgers and stock item.
Case 3: HSN code and tax rates vary with applicable dates
● Provide appropriate HSN code, tax rate, and applicability dates for each tax revision.
Your email with the article link has been sent.