You can pay GST on the inward remittance of service value and capture it in GSTR-3B .
Consider the scenario where 18% GST has to be charged on an inward remittance of Rs. 2,750 for the service value of Rs. 4,50,000. As the inward remittance is part of the service value, it should not affect the books of accounts, but the GST amount has to appear in GSTR-3B as eligible input tax credit.
To record this transaction
1. Go to Gateway of Tally > Accounting Vouchers > F5: Payment .
2. Click F11 > F3 and set the option Enable zero-valued transactions? to Yes , and save the settings.
3. Click F12: Configure > F12 and set the option Allow modification of tax details for GST? to Yes and save the settings .
4. Select the bank ledger.
5. Under Particulars , select the expense ledger defined with the options:
o Is GST Applicable? to Applicable .
o Set/alter GST Details? to No .
o Type of Supply? to Service .
6. In the GST Details screen, select Purchase Taxable as the Nature of Transaction , enter the tax Rate and the Taxable Value as shown:
7. Do not enter the Amount for the expense ledger, as it is a zero valued transaction being made only to pay GST.
8. Select the GST ledgers, and manually calculate and enter the tax amount. In this example, the total GST amount would be Rs. 495 (calculated as 2,750 * 18/100 = 495).
9. Press O to override and save the voucher.
To view this transaction in GSTR-3B
● Go to Gateway of Tally > Display > Statutory Reports > GST > GSTR-3B .
● Press F2 and change the tax period as per the transaction date.
The transaction appears under Eligible Credit as shown below:
'GST on Inward Remittance of Service Value' has been shared with